Support Worker –Learning Disabilities
37.5 hrs per week | Days, evenings and weekends | Andover |£8.37 – 9.37 per hour
If you are looking for a rewarding and energetic post and enjoy making a great impact on someone's day, we would be keen to hear from you.
This provider is looking for someone to join the team as a support worker in their transition house within the village of Enham Alamein. You will be supporting clients, who are adults with disabilities, to learn and be confident with day to day life skills. You will be working with a care model that aims to support our clients to move on to independent living within their own home.
As well as developing a friendly and caring rapport you will help with the following:
• Supporting tenants to develop independent life goals, in line with their individual plans and goals
• Support tenants with budgeting and maintaining relationships
• Encourage tenants to do as much as possible for themselves, helping to identify assistance required to enable them to live as independently as possible.
• Assist with prescribed medication, in line with providers policies and procedures
• Enable tenants to access the local community
Preferably, you will have some experience of working within a care setting, although this is not essential. You will however possess a genuine desire to work within this field.
What we need from you:
• Have the ability to build excellent rapport and relationships with a wide variety of people
• Be flexible in working shift patterns on a rota basis including days, evenings and weekends
• Be an excellent communicator and team player
• Have excellent organisation and administration skills – able to manage workload and prioritise tasks
What you’ll get:
• Rising holiday entitlement starting at 33 days including statutory bank holidays
• Discounted healthcare membership
• Cycle to work scheme
• Pension scheme with matched employer contributions up to 6%
• Learning and development programme offering you internal and external training
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send an up to date CV to James at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information, please give James a call on 01962 841917