White Knight Recruitment
£9.50-11.15 – Depending on Experience
Support Worker who has a genuine desire to work with adults with learning disabilities. We provide support for people with a variety of diverse support needs including learning disabilities, physical disabilities and Autism.
The Role & Responsibilities
To assist in the creation of an environment where through the use of “PCP” Person Centred Planning, individuals are supported in recognising their life potential.
To provide opportunities for engagement in occupational, vocational and recreational activities and to encourage both individuality and informed choice regarding all such activities.
To carry out assigned tasks involving the people we support’s care/training with the individual and to act as key worker for an assigned person, following a period of training.
To enable each person that we support to develop strategies to support their individual needs.
Skills & Experience Requirements
1. To assist colleagues in maintaining an environment for the people we support which is consistent with the highest standards of care.
2. To contribute to a happy home where individuals can live as independently as their disability allows, ensuring that individuality and dignity are retained.
3. To offer practical support and encouragement in the meeting of physical needs, ensuring the highest standards of care are constantly met.
4. To appreciate the emotional and psychological needs of all the people we support, assisting them in the development of appropriate coping strategies regarding day to day problems and long term plans.
5. To participate in each individual’s daily structure of organised therapeutic, social, occupational and recreational activities. To encourage them to grasp wider opportunities for both physical and mental self-fulfilment.
6. To accurately implement all programmes and guidelines for each person we support at all times. To collect data and maintain records regarding this data in the individual’s records, to a high standard.
7. To establish with the individual a relationship of mutual respect, understanding and tolerance. 8.
To attend all training activities which you are nominated for.
These sessions will be arranged around your working hours and if necessary cover provided for you to attend. Other training events may be away from the home. You will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses for these sessions. All copies of training material must be retained to keep up to date with developing care practices, procedures and legislation.
White Knight Recruitment